Florida Guard Family Career Connections
The Florida Guard Family Career Connection (FGFCC) is your path to a new or better career with military-friendly employers in the State of Florida. Since October 1, 2011, we have helped 436 Guardsmen find meaningful employment in the State of Florida!
FGFCC synchronizes the best employment initiatives available in today’s competitive employment market. As your path to a new career position, we manage the collaborative employment efforts of the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) program, the Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program (YRRP), the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity’s One-Stop Career Centers and statewide military-friendly employers to ensure that you discover your new or better career path as quickly as possible.
We work with statewide employers that have real job opportunities for you! Visit the Florida Guard Family Career Connection on Facebook at www.facebook.com/FGFCC, where we post both Florida National Guard full-time opportunities and civilian hot job listings. The employers we “like” on Facebook want to hire you and offer you preferential interviewing and hiring treatment!
For help with your resume and/or successful interviewing techniques, please contact Penny Justice, Program Coordinator for the Florida Guard Family Career Connection at 904-823-0335, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unemployed, please contact your Battalion Career Counselor immediately. They will personally introduce you to your Veteran’s Representative at your nearest One-Stop Career Center.
Your Florida Guard Family Career Connection is keeping the Florida National Guard working in Florida!
Florida National Guard employment initiatives:
- Florida Guard family career connection (FGFCC): This program provides a link between employers who offer jobs and Guardsmen who are seeking jobs.
- Battalion Career Counselors: Provides front-line contact for unemployed Guardsmen at the Battalion level and inform unemployed Guardsmen of current job opportunities and upcoming job fairs. Assist Guardsmen with resume writing and other interviewing techniques.
- Transition assistance advisors: Assist members of the National Guard and their families in accessing Veterans Affairs benefits and healthcare services in addition to assistance with job search and resources for employment assistance.
- Family Assistance Centers: Work with unit commanders to assist unemployed Guardsmen and their families, disseminate information about upcoming job fairs and workshops to Guardsmen and their families
- Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve: Educate employers and Guardsmen about their rights and responsibilities under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Act, recognize employers who hire and support Guardsmen
- Employ Florida Vets Employ Florida Vets, a state-of-the-art Web site for matching Florida’s job seekers and employers. Get help selecting a new career, finding a new job, and locating suitable education or training.
- Florida Vets First Find information about veteran’s benefits, education and training and other news of interest to veterans.
- One-Stop Career Centers Many of Florida’s One-Stop Career Centers are staffed with professional Disabled Veterans Outreach Program Specialists and Local Veterans Employment Representatives who provide priority workforce services to veterans. Disabled Veterans Outreach Program Specialists provide intensive case management services to veterans who experience barriers to employment, particularly disabled veterans.
- Military Family Employment Advocacy Program The Military Family Employment Advocacy Program provides employment assistance including skills assessment, interviewing, job search and placement assistance and resume-writing assistance for spouses and dependents of active military duty personnel or National Guard reservists.