Florida Guard Family Career Connections
The Florida Guard Family Career Connection (FGFCC) is your path to a new or better career with military-friendly employers in the State of Florida. Since October 1, 2011 we have helped many Florida National Guardsmen and their family members find meaningful employment in the State of Florida.
FGFCC synchronizes the best employment initiatives available in today’s competitive employment market. As your path to a new career position, we manage the collaborative employment efforts of the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) program, the Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program (YRRP), the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity’s One-Stop Career Centers and statewide military-friendly employers to ensure that you discover your new or better career path as quickly as possible.
We work with statewide employers that have real job opportunities for you! Visit the Florida Guard Family Career Connection on Facebook at www.facebook.com/FGFCC, where we post both Florida National Guard full-time opportunities and civilian hot job listings. The employers we “like” on Facebook want to hire you and offer you preferential interviewing and hiring treatment!
For help with your resume and/or successful interviewing techniques, please contact Penny Justice, Program Coordinator for the Florida Guard Family Career Connection at 904-823-0335, or email her at email@example.com.
If you are unemployed, please contact your Battalion Career Counselor immediately. They will personally introduce you to your Veteran’s Representative at your nearest One-Stop Career Center.
Your Florida Guard Family Career Connection is keeping the Florida National Guard working in Florida!
Florida National Guard employment initiatives:
- The Florida Guard Family Career Connection (FGFCC) is your centralized location for career coaching, career management and preparation for a successful interview. WE also provide a link between military-friendly employers and Guardsmen.
- H2H.Jobs is the FGFCC database for Guardsmen and family members. Put your profile in www.H2H.Jobs if you are seeking new or better employment. Then, the 11,000+ employers can find YOU!
- Transition assistance advisors: Assist members of the National Guard and their families in accessing Veterans Affairs benefits and healthcare services in addition to assistance with job search and resources for employment assistance.
- Family Assistance Centers: Work with unit commanders to assist unemployed Guardsmen and their families, disseminate information about upcoming job fairs and workshops to Guardsmen and their families
- Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve: Educate employers and Guardsmen about their rights and responsibilities under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Act, recognize employers who hire and support Guardsmen
- www.H2H.Jobs – Your socially active resource for discovering the current career opportunities that match your skill-set.
- Florida Vets First - Find information about veteran’s benefits, education and training and other news of interest to veterans.
- One-Stop Career Centers - Many of Florida’s One-Stop Career Centers are staffed with professional Disabled Veterans Outreach Program Specialists and Local Veterans Employment Representatives who provide priority workforce services to veterans. Disabled Veterans Outreach Program Specialists provide intensive case management services to veterans who experience barriers to employment, particularly disabled veterans.
- Military Family Employment Advocacy Program – The Military Family Employment Advocacy Program provides employment assistance including skills assessment, interviewing, job search and placement assistance and resume-writing assistance for spouses and dependents of active military duty personnel or National Guard reservists.