Serving as a National Guard Chaplain not only provides rich experiences to make your ministry more effective, it also provides opportunities to further your education and add skills and training to enhance your ministry for both military and civilian situations.
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- Clinical Pastoral Education
- Suicide Prevention
- Marriage and Relationship Enhancement
You have already demonstrated the willingness to selflessly labor for your faith and your community. You will make sacrifices, but they will be well rewarded. You will receive all the benefits and privileges associated with being a leader in the Army National Guard.
- Officer’s Pay and Allowance for part-time service
- Paid continuing education courses, seminars and conferences
- Up to 100% tuition assistance for qualified candidates and up to $20,000 in tuition forgiveness for qualified clergy
- Medical and dental care for you and your family (free when mobilized and at low cost when in active drilling status: currently $81 monthly for individual plan and $253 monthly for family plan)
- Retirement plan with no paycheck deductions
- Up to $400,000 in life insurance at low rates
- Free space-available travel on military aircraft
- Tax-free shopping and recreational privileges on military bases
- Professional-grade sports/gym facilities on posts and most armories