- Must be an active-duty male Soldier.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be airborne qualified or volunteer for airborne training.
- Must be able to swim 50 meters wearing boots and battle dress uniform (BDU).
- Must score a minimum of 260 points on the Army physical fitness test (APFT), with no less than 80 points on any event, using the standards for age group 17 to 21 (57 pushups, 66 situps and 14:24 on 2 mile run).
- Must be able to meet medical fitness standards as outlined in AR 40-501.
Additional criteria exclusive to enlisted applicants:
- Enlisted applicants must be in the pay grade of E-4 to E-7.
- Successful completion of SFAS is a prerequisite to the SFQC.
- Must be a high school graduate or have a general educational development certificate.
- Must have a general technical score of 110 or higher.
- Soldiers recently completing an MOS-producing school must serve in that MOS for 1 year.
- Must not have 30 days or more lost time under Title 10, United States Code, section 972, within current or preceding enlistment.
- Must not be barred to reenlistment.
Additional criteria exclusive to E-7 applicants:
- Time in service: No more than 14 years active duty.
- Time in grade: No more than 12 months active duty.
- Be qualified as a parachutist (P or V).
- Meet all requirements in accordance with AR 611-201 and AR 601-21 0.
Additional criteria exclusive to officer applicants:
- Officer applicants must be in any Officer Personnel Management Division-managed branch, except Aviation, and be in the grade of captain or first lieutenant.
- Have at least a SECRET security clearance prior to arrival at Fort Bragg and meet eligibility criteria for a TOP SECRET clearance.
- Have completed the Officer Basic Course and have been successful in your branch assignments prior to application for SF.
- Have a Defense Language Aptitude Battery (DLAB) Score of 85 or higher (or a Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) of a minimum of 1/1 Reading and Listening Score).
- Have a minimum of 2 years remaining service obligation upon completion of Special Forces Detachment Officer Qualification Course (SFDOQC).
All applicants MUST NOT:
- Be under suspension of favorable personnel action.
- Have been convicted by court-martial during their current term of service.
- Have received an Article 15 for drug-related offense.
- Have voluntarily terminated Airborne school or SF training.
- Exceed weight standards in accordance with AR 600-9.
- Be barred to reenlistment.